Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Day 1: Homeschool Prayer

Good morning homeschooling mom's. I am really excited to be joining you on this pray journey. Before our school year ever gets started we are giving it to the Lord to help us navigate the ends and outs of every day. We will pray 31 days to cover the months that have thirty-one days in them.

I love that we get to set the pace like this. God is so awesome and I am trusting him for great victories in this school year. I want to say that you don't have to be an autism mom to join in on this journey with us. I will go as far to say that you don't really even have to be homeschooling to go on this prayer journey, but all of my post will be mostly geared to the homeschooling
community. If you are not a homeschooling family, I think that doing a 31 day prayer journey for your kids is super important as well. So you can make this your own in that way.



So, Let's get started. Today is Day: One. Our bible verse for today is found in Matthew 6:33. If you read my introduction, you will already know that I mostly read from the King James Version of the bible. It's just what I am used to reading from.
Bible verse for Day One: Is Matthew 6:33-
"But Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Here is my prayer for day one:

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the opportunity to be at home with my kids and to teach them in a way that not only educates them, but hopefully leads them closer to you. Lord, help me to seek your will each day first thing. Before I start the day, help me turn my mind to you and order my steps so that not one minute of my day is out of focus from your plan.

I know Lord, that not everyday is going to go exactly as I planned it to be, but that with my heart and mind focused on you everything that does happen is perfectly within your plan. Lord I welcome you to join me this year as we start yet another year homeschooling our kids. Fill our home with your presence this day and everyday I pray. In Jesus Name. AMEN



2 comments:

  1. This is a great prayer, even for me as a SAHM who is not homeschooling just yet. I need to be more in tune with what God wants me to accomplish each day. It's such a challenge. Distractions are all around... Prayer and focus is vital. Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your response, "To Be A Virtuous Women". Prayer is the key.

    ReplyDelete