Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 13: Prayer Journey For the New School Year

Good Morning Ladies! I am on my second cup of coffee. I'm recovering from a long night. Both my kids enjoy waking up at ungodly hours of the night. I am looking forward to joining you for day 13 on the Saturday morning.


Our verse for today is Proverbs 3:6

"In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." This was a verse that I learned as a kid. So this morning I'm reciting this from memory. I did however double check to make sure that I quoted the verse verbatim. I got one word wrong. Instead of saying, "he shall direct thy paths." I said, "he will direct thy paths." Not bad!
I like how the NIV translates this verse"in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

My prayer for today is: 

Dear Lord, 
Help me to always be mindful of you and your plan for each day. It is easy to get distracted by the days responsibilities. My prayer for today is for you to simply take my hand and lead us through each day. 
In Jesus Name. AMEN

See you all back here tomorrow for day 14. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Just another reminder to me to look to the Lord to guide my days... Something that I continue to struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me once that as they were crawling out of bed they would say, "Lord, order my steps today." She never let things that didn't get done or things that didn't turn out the way that she thought that they should get to her. If God had ordered her steps then that was the way it was supposed to happen. I try to remember that as I go about my days. So now I make sure to say, "order my steps Lord" when I get up every morning. :) lol Hope you have a great day Liz.

    ReplyDelete