Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 9: Prayer Journey for the new school year

Good Morning! I am up early this morning taking care of the kids and doing our thing from Bentonville, Arkansas. Even when we are away from home we try to keep with a schedule to help with behaviors and autism "stuff". Our morning devotions are a must.

I have a more difficult time keeping up with posts while we are traveling, but I'm giving it my best shot. Today is day 9 on our prayer journey for the new school year.


Today's verse is Proverbs 31:15-17. I find this verse very appropriate for me this morning, well every morning really. I have to admit, we are not morning people. We deal with sleep issues throughout the night so when morning comes we are catching up on sleep that we didn't get throughout the night. I have many times went to bed tired and woke up more tired than I was before I went to bed. Sleep is a commodity in our home.

"She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens. 16. She considereth a field and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. 17. She girdeth her loins with strenghth, and strengtheneth her arms."


Dear Lord,

I'd really like to be the virtuous women in this scripture. I'd love to be the mom that gets up before her husband goes to work and make him breakfast before he leaves for work. I desire to be more organized with my responsibilities and be a kind and patient mother at all times. Lord you know where my heart is with this stuff and the struggle I have to be consistent with these things. I pray that daily as I make my endeavors to be what my family needs for me to be for them that I also can strive to be more pleasing to you.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

Have a great day moms! May the Lord bless your endeavors as well to be the best mom you can be for yourself, your family, and your children.

See you back here tomorrow!
Shelli Allen, That Autism Mom

2 comments:

  1. The key is, "help me be what my family needs me to be for them..." Each of our families are different and what one family needs from their mom is different from another. We are not all going to do things the same way, and that is okay! But when we submit to the Lord with a humble heart, he will help us be what our family needs us to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! This is the key. Have you ever felt like what your family needs from you is more than you have to give? This is my struggle. Finding a place of balance. I pray that the Lord help me balance my life between what my family needs and I what I need for myself. ❤️ Thanks for this Liz.

    ReplyDelete