Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 2: Prayer for School Year

Good Morning everyone! This is day two! I have my cup of coffee in hand as I set down with my bible and start this morning's prayer journey. Are you ready to begin today.


Today's verse is: Philippians 4:8

"Finally, Brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever that are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Here is my prayer for today:


Dear Lord,

I thank you for another day that I get to walk with you. I thank you for your word and the amazing gift that I have to walk with you. Lord, as each day goes by, in this school year, I know and understand that everyday is not going to be roses. Things are going to come up and life is going to overwhelm me. Help me to remember to keep this verse at the forefront of my thoughts. Emotions that come up sometimes gets the best of us. Things that others might say to us that we might take negatively and  overwhelm us. God I pray that I remember to think on these things. Lord as I practice this in my own life help me Lord, to teach my children these things as well. I want them to know what honesty is and what a commodity it is to be honest. Help me to show my children what things you find to be lovely, and of good report-Help me Lord to teach them these things.
In Jesus Name. AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment