Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Praying for the new School Year.

Hello! I wanted to share with you all one of the most important parts of my planning process of a new school year. The title kind of gives it away.

I pray. I did this for the first time a couple of years ago and it made such an impact on the year that I decided to make it an ongoing tradition for me and our home. Man! God can really step in and make all the difference when we strive daily to put him first.

I want to be successful at teaching and training up my kids to serve the Lord. I don't take this lightly. So, why did I not think of this sooner?? Who knows.

I'd love to take you on this prayer journey with me. So if you would like please feel free to just jump in and start with the day that we are on or you can start with day one. It is a month long journey. So for thirty days I set aside a time that is just with me and the Lord and we focus on God and his plan for our school year. Cool huh?! I think so. I think God likes this time with me as well.

So let's take today to get ready for our Homeschool prayer journey. This is 31 days. What I like to do is get a prayer journal. As I pray and read the word of God, I like to jot down what I feel God has laid on my heart for that day. I go back through this prayer journal often and even make notes in it through the school year. For instance, If I am struggling with something that I feel like God has already promised me, I remind God. I'll read it and say, "See God. You told you would do this and here I am struggling with the very thing you promised me." I like to hold God accountable to those promises. HA! HA! If I write it down then I wont forget. God also gives me encouragement that I can go back to and get me through the challenging days. So having a journal to keep this in is really a great asset.

Here is a sample of Day 1: The verse that we will use is Matthew 6:33(KJV)
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

What does this verse mean to you as you are thinking about your homeschool year? I will talk about what it means to me and share with you about my thoughts as it pertains to me and my family. Are you ready?? We will get started tomorrow and see where this takes you and all of us as we go on this prayer journey together.

See you back here tomorrow to get started.

Blessings to you and yours,
Shelli Allen,
That Autism MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment