Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 16: Prayer Journey for the new school Year

Good Morning!! It is Day 16 of our Prayer journey. Thank you for joining us. If you are just joining us and would like to start with day 1, then I encourage you to do so. You can find each day by going to http://thatautismmom.blogspot.com/2016/07/day12-prayer-journey.html.This is a prayer journey to help us get ready for the new school year. I like to pray a blanket of prayer over my entire school year before it gets started. It is something that I do every year to get me organized and prepared for the year challenges and for its successes. I have paved the path of success before we even get started. You don't have to be homeschooling to make this journey work for you. Just tailor it to fit your needs. So Let's get started with Day 16.

Today's Verse is Psalms 40:9-10

" I have preached righteousness in the great congregation; lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest.
10. I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy loveingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation. "

The NIV says it like this, which may be easier to understand for most.
" I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, Lord, as you know. I do not hid your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal you love and your faithfulness from the great assembly. "

We must never be ashamed to stand up for what we believe as Christians. We must speak truth from the word of God. We must teach our children to do the same. To hide the word of God in their hearts and live it out in their everyday lives. We practice this in our homes so that we they leave our homes they are able to stand up on their own two feet.


Today I pray...
Lord,

Help me to teach my children to not be ashamed of your loving grace in their lives. We must be able to talk about grace throughout all generation. Lord you are the hope that this world needs. Your love is what we need to share with our world. Help me Lord to daily teach this to my children.

In Jesus Name.
Amen

I'll see you again tomorrow for day 17!!

Shelli Allen, That Autism Mom,
















+

No comments:

Post a Comment