Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Organizing the Homeschooling Year

Hey! How is everyone doing this week? I have been working on organizing our families homeschool year. I have been at it all week long.

I love having a great planner to plan the year. I like to be able to glance at the day and know exactly what is planned  and just do it!!

I get stuck at looking at all the great big flashy planners and I sometimes get very overwhelmed. Last year I went with a fancy Erin Condrin planner, which I loved, loved, loved!!! I am looking at getting the same thing this year, but...

I was scrolling through Facebook and noticed another flashy planner. I really liked it. It cost even more than my Erin planner cost and I realized that I have a real problem on my hands here. Here is what I liked about it that was different from my Erin Condrin planner...

1. It was a binder that snapped open so that I could add printable pages in as I needed them. Like lists and such.
2. I could still customized it the way that I wanted to.  I like putting stickers and dressing up the pages to add my own personal touch. It seems to make my life look, on paper, more interesting when I add stickers and pretties in my planner. lol
3. I like how it had places to organize my health tracking things. Like how much water I drank and how many calories I ingest right and the daily planning sheets.
4. For extra money (this is not the point that I like, but I wish was just included in the original price of the planner) I could add in a teacher specific packet of planning sheets.
5. I liked that I could plan out my day by the hour, which is super helpful for me

I started thinking about how I could create all of this right from my computer all on my own for nothing, but then I quickly changed my mind. I wanted this to be something that I didn't have to put any of my own thought and printer ink into. So I am okay with paying money for a new planner.


So do you have a favorite planner? How many of you enjoy shopping for new planners??

ME! ME! ME!!

So let me know if you have a favorite planner and tell me about it. What do you like about it? I want to know details. :)

Have a great weekend! Enjoy your families!!

Shelli Allen,
That Autism Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment